This policy describes how Update for Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together "Platforms").
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register to our services, we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our Websites, use our Mobile Apps, we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered / bought and how you paid);
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
- Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your precise geolocation.
When you use any of our loyalty program(s) to shop with us, we may collect:
- Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, promo codes, and vouchers within our subsidiaries or with other partners.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal information you provide about yourself;
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal information
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, purchases, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
- review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a service you request.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our Services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Validating your orders; and
- Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalise your experience
We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your browsing behaviour as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services;
- Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on Our Websites and on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources.
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners;
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Update for Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence and by other organisations on our behalf
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyse information about how you use our services to:
- Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps;
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treasure your personal information. We never share your personal information with anyone.
You can allow 3rd party connections (we call them Connected Apps) to consume your Disco data for additional processing into your accounting software or extra cloud storage. Bank Transactions At your discretion, you can enable Bank Transaction feeds into Disco from your selected institution. Disco does not store your bank login credentials services to provide a secure token along with data that can be used to reconcile your financials.
Disco only stores the data it needs to function properly — for as long as you want Disco to function for you. Cloud Storage Disco provides subscribers an unlimited cloud service for storage of financial documents in the form of photos, pdfs, and metadata. This allows you access to your data from any of your devices anytime and use our instant server search to quickly access your documents from way back. All data is stored heavily encrypted. This way local engineers or physical intruders cannot get access to user data.
To change your personal data, go to your Setting through our application and update it.
Disco does not process payments from users and instead relies on gateways (3rd party payment providers) to process payments around the world. It is the payment providers that handle and store your credit card details.
Credit card information
When making a purchase, you enter your credit card details into a form supplied by the payment provider that will be processing the payment, and this information goes directly to the payment provider‘s server. Your credit card information never reaches Disco’s servers. We do not access and do not store your credit card information. When you save your credit card info, it is saved on the respective payment provider’s servers and the payment provider gives Disco a token that you can reuse for future payments. It is not possible to reconstruct your credit card info from the token.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We take security and data—privacy very seriously. has previously built solutions used by America’s largest companies. That experience and more has formed the backbone of our secure bookkeeping platform.
- All communication is over HTTPS/SSL using TLS – same stuff the banks use.
- Our data centers are Amazon AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Microsoft Azure. Both comply with all industry standards like PCI DSS L1, FIPS 140-2, HIPAA, IRAP to ITAR.
- Data at Rest is AES-256 encrypted and In Transit secured by HTTPS TLS 1.2. This means your data is super secure.
- Your passwords are hashed using PBKDF2 and stored one-way encrypted. No one can see your password; even if the data was exposed.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND SUPPORT DATA
Cookies We only use session cookies to keep you logged into the product. Without session cookies you would not be able to login and maintain a session with Disco. Analytics & Traffic Data We use Google Analytics to better understand how you experience Disco. This helps us build a better product for you and service your complimentary support enquiries. The information collected is no more than what you provide us when you signed up or during the support session.
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- withdraw any consents you have provided for our use of your personal information.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this Privacy Notice, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please contact our Chief Security Officer on [email protected]
Our office is (Building 9 ), First Floor, Marwaha Land - Katamya - Cairo Alternatively you can contact us via our support ticket service on [email protected]